COLUMBUS – Lieutenant Governor and Department of Insurance Director Mary Taylor announced today that the Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP) will hold a total of 19 “Welcome to Medicare” events across Ohio in April and May. The events will help consumers and their families understand the basics of Medicare.
“In 2013, the Department’s OSHIIP program helped Ohioans save more than $16 million,” Taylor said. “With events scheduled in every region of the state this spring, I encourage Ohioans who recently enrolled in Medicare or those becoming eligible later this year to attend and learn more about their coverage options.”
OSHIIP is the state’s official source for free and unbiased Medicare information and counseling. OSHIIP helped more than 160,000 Ohioans with Medicare save a record $16.4 million in 2013. The figure includes a record $8.96 million saved during the fall open enrollment period.
The events provide an opportunity for consumers to learn about the benefits provided by Medicare and important deadlines that must be met. In addition, specifics about Medicare Advantage plans, supplemental health insurance, prescription drug coverage, and financial assistance programs to help beneficiaries pay Medicare’s Part B premium and prescription drug out-of-pocket expenses will be provided.
Here is a complete list of “Welcome to Medicare” events, which start at 6 p.m.:
- Franklin County – Upper Arlington – April 3
- Upper Arlington Lutheran Church; 2300 Lytham Rd.
- RSVP 614-583-5326
- Lucas County – Sylvania – April 8
- Sylvania Senior Center; 7140 Sylvania Ave.
- Cuyahoga County – Beachwood – April 14
- Beachwood Community Center; 25325 Fairmount Blvd.
- Muskingum County – Zanesville – April 15
- Genesis HealthPlex Conference Rooms A&B; 2800 Maple Ave.
- RSVP 740-586-6553
- Mahoning County – Youngstown – April 22
- Youngstown Senior Center; 1110 5th Ave.
- Union County – Marysville – April 22
- Union County Senior Services; 18000 Ohio 4
- Montgomery County – Vandalia – April 23
- Vandalia Senior Center; 21 Tionda Drive South
- Washington County – Marietta – April 23
- O’Neill Senior Center; 333 4th St.
- Pike County – Waverly – April 28
- Bristol Village Auditorium; 660 E. 5th St.
- Hamilton County – Blue Ash – April 30
- Sycamore Senior Center; 4455 Carver Woods Dr.
- Cuyahoga County – Strongsville – May 1
- Ehrnfelt Senior Center; 18100 Royalton Rd.
- Ashland County – Ashland – May 5
- Samaritan on Main; 663 E. Main St.
- RSVP 419-207-2563
- Cuyahoga County – Fairview Park – May 6
- The Gemini Center Oak and Birch Rooms; 21225 Lorain Rd.
- Huron County – Norwalk – May 7
- Fisher-Titus Medical Center; 272 Benedict Ave.
- Stark County – Canton – May 7
- Mercy Medical Center Mercy Hall; 1320 Mercy Dr. NW
- RSVP 1-800-223-8662
- Cuyahoga County – Cleveland – May 12
- Cleveland Food Bank; 15500 S. Waterloo Rd.
- Franklin County – Columbus – May 15
- Montgomery County – Dayton – May 22
- Dayton Jewish Community Center; 525 Versailles Dr.
- Van Wert County – Van Wert – May 27
- Van Wert County Council on Aging; 220 Fox Rd.