The Office of Captive Insurance provides a structured regulatory process for the initial evaluation, licensing, reporting, analysis and examination of captive insurance companies domiciled in Ohio. The office:
- Establishes standards for business/professional support organizations that work with captive entities in the state of Ohio, including:
- Captive Managers
- Provides a structured regulatory process for the initial evaluation, licensing, reporting, analysis and examination of captive insurance companies domiciled in Ohio.
- Reviews captive insurance company strategies and their execution to assess and evaluate operational success and financial strength.
- Strives to understand the impacts of financial, operational and underwriting (risk acceptance) challenges on captive capital and surplus.
- Supports a business environment for the growth and prosperity of the captive insurance industry in Ohio.
- Works to ensure that captive insurers can meet their contractual and financial obligations.
Captive Insurance Information and Publications
Captive insurance information, services, resources, and more, can be found on our Services for Companies page.