Web Content Viewer

Agent Licensing FAQ

Below are some of the most common questions and answers that the department's Agent Licensing division receives. If you have a question not addressed here, please fill the feedback and/or contact forms on the right side of the page or call us at 614-644-2665 or licensing@insurance.ohio.gov.

Visit the Agent Licensing page to find information and resources to help you apply for, print, or renew your insurance license.

The insurance navigator program in Ohio is run by the Federally-facilitated Exchange and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).  Therefore, HHS is responsible for the funding for each insurance navigator entity. Navigators must complete comprehensive federal Navigator training, criminal background checks, and Ohio registration prior to assisting Ohio consumers. Click the Ohio Navigator Information link for more information.

Agents who wish to participate in the Federally-facilitated Marketplace (FFM) must first complete a two-part federal registration process which includes completion of required training. Click the Ohio Agent Exchange Information link for more information.

The Certified Application Counselor (CAC) program is administered by the Federal Exchange. Only organizations can apply to be CACs, not specific individuals. For an organization to become a CAC, the organization must enter into a written agreement with the Exchange in a form and manner determined by the Exchange. The agreement will contain the organization's assurance that it, and all the staff and volunteers it certifies as individual CACs, will comply with Exchange requirements. More information on CACs in Federally-facilitated Exchanges can be found here: www.marketplace.cms.gov.

Annual Filings for the 2019 filing period (September 1, 2018 - August 31, 2019) are due by January 15, 2020. Click here to find detailed information on the Title Review Filing System, obtaining a Gateway account, and more.