Licensed Ohio title agents and agencies or their authorized representatives are required to file an annual title agent/agency review. Authorized agents and agencies should upload annual title review forms to the Ohio Department of Insurance through OH|ID.
Annual Filings for the 2021 filing period (September 1, 2020 - August 31, 2021) are due by January 15, 2022.
Annual Title Filing Instructions
Separate Filings Required
If an individual holds both an individual and a business entity license, two (2) separate title filings are required.
Use of the Annual Title Review Filing System Encouraged
Because the Annual Title Review Filing System streamlines the filing process, title agents, agencies, or their representatives are highly encouraged to file their annual reviews electronically.
After a review has been submitted through the system, there is no need to mail or fax a copy to the department.
Additionally, filings submitted through the system will always be available for download or printing.
OH|ID Account Required To Use Title Review System
In 2021, the department transitioned to a new State of Ohio system (OH|ID) to maintain and manage user accounts.
As the result of this change, title agents, agency representatives, and authorized CPAs will not be able to access the Gateway or Annual Title Review Filing System without an OH|ID account.
Similar to Gateway accounts, once an OH|ID account has been obtained, individuals can submit multiple filings through a single account.
Please read the step-by-step instructions on how to obtain an OH|ID account if you need help.
Information Needed To Submit A Filing
The system continues to capture all information previously reported on the Annual Title Agent/Agency Review form.
Agents and agencies are encouraged to gather the following information prior to submitting their review:
- National Producer Number (NPN)
- Errors & omissions coverage information
- Surety bond coverage information
- Interest On Trust Accounts (IOTA) information
- Audit results
- Independent annual review findings
- Exemptions To The Independent Annual Escrow Account Review:
An independent CPA review of an escrow account is not required if:
- An agent does not handle escrow account funds related to Ohio transactions.
- An agent averages five Ohio transactions or less per month during the twelve-month period ending August thirty-first and the agent's escrow accounts have been reviewed during that twelve-month period by one or more of the title insurance companies by which it had been appointed.
Important Note: Title agents and agencies who qualify for the exemption are still required to submit an annual filing to the department.
Action To Be Taken Against Non-Filers
As the annual filing requirement is mandated by law, the department will pursue administrative action against agents and agencies who fail to file an annual review as required.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
1. Is it mandatory to use the Annual Title Review Filing System?
2. Where should I send my filing if I’m unable to access the system?
Filings should be mailed or faxed to:
Ohio Department of Insurance Enforcement Division
50 W. Town Street, Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43215
3. Can I e-mail my review to the department?
No. The department’s email system may block e-mails with large attachments.
4. Can an individual submit multiple filings?
Yes. Multiple filings can be submitted using one OH|ID account.
5. Can the department issue an OH|ID account in the name of a title agency?
No, OH|ID accounts are only granted to individuals.
6. If someone will be filing a review on my behalf, should I provide them with my OH|ID account information?
No, OH|ID account information is not to be shared.
Your representative should obtain their own OH|ID account from the department.
7. What should I do if I cannot remember my OH|ID user name or password?
Our self-service management tool can be used to quickly resolve most login issues. If you are still unable to resolve your issue, you can contact us at 614-387-1503 or by emailing: GatewayAdmin@insurance.ohio.gov.
8. Will the department issue any type of correspondence to let license holders know their filing was received?
When a filing is received, the department will send a confirmation e-mail to the agent or agency using the email address on file with the Department’s Licensing Division.
If the submitter of the filing was someone other than the license holder, an email confirmation will be sent to their email address as well.
If an email is not received shortly after a filing has been submitted, license holders should check their spam folder.
Agents and agencies are encouraged to review their licensing records annually and make any necessary updates through the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR).
Please contact the enforcement division at (614) 644-2560 or ODI.Enforcement@insurance.ohio.gov with specific questions related to the filing process or system.