Web Content ViewerActions
Since 2010, all Ohio insurance agents and business entities who hold a major line, limited line and/or title insurance license are required to renew their license(s) every two years.
Resident agents with a continuing education requirement must obtain all required credits prior to their license expiration date. An agent will not be eligible to renew their insurance license(s) until they have satisfied their continuing education requirement.
Continuing Education Requirements
- Major Line License - 24 hours - with 3 hours ethics-specific.
- Surety Bail Bond License - 7 hours - with 6 hours surety bail bond specific and 1 hour classified as ethics.
- Title License - 12 hours - with 6 hours surety bail bond specific and 2 hours classified as ethics.
- Viatical Settlement License - 15 hours- 15 hours viatical specific.
- Limited Line License - No continuing education requirement
- Ohio CE Credit Carryover Information
- License Renewal and CE Conversion/Transition Charts
- Ohio Revised Code 3905
- Ohio Administrative Code 3901-5-01 thru 3901-5-09
- Appointment & Termination Fee Information
- Agent/Agency Locator (View license information, print license & print CE transcript)
- Agent National Producer Number (NPN)/License Number Query
- Renew Agent License