Web Content ViewerActions
Since 2010, all Ohio insurance agents and business entities who hold a major line, limited line and/or title insurance license are required to renew their license(s) every two years.
Resident agents with a continuing education requirement must obtain all required credits prior to their license expiration date. An agent will not be eligible to renew their insurance license(s) until they have satisfied their continuing education requirement.
Continuing Education Requirements
- Major Line License - 24 hours - with 3 hours ethics specific.
- Surety Bail Bond License - 7 hours - with 6 hours surety bail bond specific and 1 hour ethics specific.
- Title License - 12 hours - with 10 hours title specific and 2 hours ethics specific.
- Viatical Settlement License - 15 hours- 15 hours viatical specific.
- Limited Line License - No continuing education requirement.