Any business entity (corporations, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, general partnerships) conducting the business of insurance in Ohio, must be licensed by the Ohio Department of Insurance.
- Business Entity Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructions for Completing Initial Uniform Business Entity Application
- Non-Resident Business Entity License Applications (Initial & Renewal)
- Resident Business Entity License Applications (Initial & Renewal)
Licence types renew biannually or annually depending on license type held. Renewal notices are sent at least one month prior to the license expiration date. It is the responsibility of each licensee to ensure that their license(s) are current and do not lapse even if the renewal notice is not received.
- Read instructions on completing a license renewal application.
- To view your licensing record and verify your license expiration date, we encourage you to utilize the department’s Agent/Agency Locator.
Business Entity Licensing
- Limited Lines (Credit, Crop, Funeral Expense, Portable Electronics, Rental Car, Self-Service Storage, Travel)
- Major Lines (Life, Accident & Health, Variable Products, Property, Casualty, Personal Lines)
- Managing General Agent
- Notification of Changes for Business Entity CN-65
- Ohio License Fee Chart
- Public Insurance Adjuster
- Re-Insurance Intermediary
- Surety Bail Bond
- Surplus Lines
- Third-Party Administrator
- Viatical Settlement Broker
Mail any necessary documents to:
Ohio Department of Insurance
License Division - Corporate Section
50 W. Town Street
Third Floor - Suite 300
Columbus, Ohio 43215
For more information, please contact the License Division - Corporate Section of the Ohio Department of Insurance at 614-644-2665 ext. 2158.