The Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP) provides free, objective health insurance information and one-on-one counseling to people covered by Medicare and their caregivers. OSHIIP’s hotline experts, speakers bureau, year-round outreach events, webinars and trained local counselors educate consumers about:
- Original Medicare
- Medicare Supplemental Insurance
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D) - Extra Help Program
- Medicare Advantage
- Cost Saving Programs
In 2018, OSHIIP ranked highest in national performance measures for a fourth consecutive year! Milestones reached:
- Counseled more than 263,000 people
- $35.7 million saved for Ohio consumers
- Held 1,438 Medicare education events, reaching 247,848 people
- Volunteers gave 56,167 hours to serve beneficiaries. The donated time was valued at over $1.4 million
Contact Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP)
The Ohio Department of Insurance provides Medicare beneficiaries with free, objective health insurance information and one-on-one counseling through its Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP).
OSHIIP’s speaker’s bureau, hotline experts and trained volunteers educate consumers about Medicare, Medicare prescription drug coverage (Part D), Medicare Advantage options, Medicaid, Medicare supplement insurance, long-term care insurance and other health insurance matters.
Toll Free Number: 800-686-1578
Fax Number: 614-752-0740