Web Content ViewerActions
Legislation passed by the General Assembly may dictate that rules are to be promulgated by the director of the Ohio Department of Insurance. Rules may be in one of three categories:
- Draft rules are defined as text that ODI staff are drafting and editing but have not yet been formally proposed for adoption by the Director.
- Proposed rules are defined as rules that are filed with the Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review (JCARR), the Legislative Service Commission (LSC), and the Secretary of State.
- Final rules are defined as those that have completed the rules process, been adopted by the Director of the Ohio Department of Insurance, and are codified in the Ohio Administrative Code.
Information Relative to Insurance Rules That Affect Ohio Consumers, Insurers and Agents
- 2019 Five Year Rule Review
- Common Sense Business Regulation Policy
- Rule Links
- Rules Open for Comment
- Rules Open for Review (Outside the Five-Year Review)
- Ohio Administrative Code - Currently effective rules for the Ohio Department of Insurance.
- Public Participation in Rule Making
- Paperwork Penalty Waiver
- Register of Ohio - Recently amended, rescinded or proposed rules by the Ohio Department of Insurance
- Regulatory Reform Rules Notification- Review rules currently open for comments.
Please register for email alerts to be sent to you when rules become open for review. Be sure to check the Insurance and Health Care Coverage boxes after entering and confirming your email address.
Contact Legal Services at 614-644-2640 with questions relative to department rules.