The Ohio Agent Continuing Education (CE) rule (OAC 3901-5-01) has been amended to allow agents who completed more than the required credit hours to apply those extra credits to the next renewal period asof February 1, 2016.
Listed below are a few important notes about agent CE credit carryover:
- Carryover of CE credits will only apply to license renewal applications submitted on or after February 1, 2016.
- Resident agents who hold a Major Lines License may carryover up to 12 credits during each renewal period.
- All carryover credits are applied as “General” credits and therefore agents will continue to need to meet specific “Ethic” or other line of business requirements.
- If the same course is taken more than once within a renewal period, the duplicate course(s) will not count towards the credits applicable to carry over to the next renewal period.
- CE credits will carryover automatically on the agent’s record with the Department, which means that any credit(s) that are applicable for carryover will automatically be carried over to the next renewal period after the license is renewed.
- Credits that have been carried over from a previous renewal period will show on CE transcripts as “CE Credit Carryover”. The education provider for CE credit carryover will be “Ohio Department of Insurance”.