A non-resident agent is an agent who is licensed to sell insurance in a state other than the one they live in.
All Ohio insurance licenses are now required to be renewed. Those issued a Managing General Agent, Public Insurance Adjuster, Public Insurance Adjuster Agent, Reinsurance Intermediary, Surety Bail Bond, Surplus Lines, Third Party Administrator or Viatical Settlement Broker license are required to renew their license(s) on an annual basis. Agents and business entities who hold a Major Lines, Limited Line, Title, or Title Marketing Representative license are required to renew their license(s) every two years.
At least 30 days prior to a license holder’s license expiration date, the department will send a courtesy reminder to the license holder’s mailing address. Regardless of the reminder notice being received, all license holders are responsible for renewing their license(s) by their license expiration date.
- Read instructions on completing a license renewal application.
- To view your licensing record and verify your license expiration date, we encourage you to utilize the department’s Agent/Agency Locator.
Information Regarding Specific Ohio Insurance License Types:
- Limited Lines (Credit, Crop, Funeral Expense, Rental Car, Reciprocal, Travel, Portable Electronics)
- Major Lines (Life, Accident & Health, Variable Products, Property, Casualty, Personal Lines)
- Managing General Agent
- Public Insurance Adjuster
- Reinsurance Intermediary
- Surety Bail Bond
- Surplus Lines
- Third-Party Administrator
- Title Insurance Agent/Title Marketing Representative
- Viatical Settlement Broker