Who is Eligible?
- Are enrolled in Part A and Part B
- Live within the plans' service area (county)
Choosing Medicare Advantage Plans as an Alternative to Original Medicare
- Advantage plans must cover everything Original Medicare covers.
- Enrollees pay the Part B premium and any other applicable costs
- Offered by private companies to replace Original Medicare and secondary insurance.
- Multiple options in each county, such as:
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO) require care and services from providers and facilities in the plan's network
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) allow care and services from outside the network but typically with higher costs.
- Most plans include that Part D benefit (MAPD)